Picture gallery Cap San Diego Kiel Fjord & Kiel Canal Lock August 11, 2022 Museum cargo ship leaves the port of Kiel for Rendsburg.
The Cap San Diego reached Kiel on August 6th, 2022 and had been in the port of Kiel at the Sartorikai for a few days. On August 11th it’s time to say goodbye to Cap San Diego again. The ship left its berth at Kiel’s Sartorikai at 11 a.m. and will now sail through the Kiel Canal with today’s destination Rendsburg. The next day, the Cap San Diego will then continue to Brunsbüttel and leave the Kiel Canal.
The Cap San Diego is a 159 meter long general cargo ship and current museum ship with a berth at the Überseebrücke in the port of Hamburg. The Cap San Diego, built in 1961, was built as a general cargo ship and was used in liner service with South America until the 1980s. The ship was built by Deutsche Werft AG in Hamburg for the Hamburg Süd shipping company as the last ship in a series of identical general cargo ships and was launched in 1961 as the Cap San Diego.
News from Kiel
- After an oil spill near Brunsbüttel: the Kiel Canal is reopened to shipping Posted on: 04.01.2023
- Kiel Canal Havarie: The unfortunate freighter Meri left Kiel after 3 weeks Posted on: 22.12.2022
- New Egyptian frigate Al-Qahhar 905 on sea trials Posted on: 02.12.2022
- Cargo ship "Meri" rammed the Holtenau high bridge in the Kiel Canal Posted on: 30.11.2022
- Cruise 2024: Aida includes cruises to St. Petersburg in the program Posted on: 12.11.2022
- Color Line cargo ferries Color Carrier and Color Viking are closed and sold Posted on: 09.11.2022
- Cap San Diego museum cargo ship in Kiel Posted on: 06.08.2022
- Norwegian Getaway maiden call in Kiel on May 16, 2022 Posted on: 16.05.2022