Picture gallery Cap San Diego Kiel Fjord & Kiel Canal Lock August 11, 2022 Museum cargo ship leaves the port of Kiel for Rendsburg.
The Cap San Diego reached Kiel on August 6th, 2022 and had been in the port of Kiel at the Sartorikai for a few days. On August 11th it’s time to say goodbye to Cap San Diego again. The ship left its berth at Kiel’s Sartorikai at 11 a.m. and will now sail through the Kiel Canal with today’s destination Rendsburg. The next day, the Cap San Diego will then continue to Brunsbüttel and leave the Kiel Canal.
The Cap San Diego is a 159 meter long general cargo ship and current museum ship with a berth at the Überseebrücke in the port of Hamburg. The Cap San Diego, built in 1961, was built as a general cargo ship and was used in liner service with South America until the 1980s. The ship was built by Deutsche Werft AG in Hamburg for the Hamburg Süd shipping company as the last ship in a series of identical general cargo ships and was launched in 1961 as the Cap San Diego.
News from Kiel
- Submarine U 17 transport from Kiel through the Kiel Canal Posted on: 30.04.2023
- Submarine RSS Impeccable in the Kiel Canal and in the Kiel Fjord Posted on: 29.04.2023
- Balmoral cruise ship arrival in Kiel April 14, 2023 Posted on: 17.04.2023
- Frigates of the Standing NATO Maritime Group 1 in Kiel Naval Base Posted on: 05.04.2023
- Kiel Canal affected by strike: locks remain closed on March 24 and 27, 2023 Posted on: 24.03.2023
- Lürssen Yacht sea trial: Megayacht 1601 in the Kiel Canal Posted on: 18.03.2023
- Project Cosmos: 114 meter mega yacht arrived in Kiel after launch Posted on: 10.03.2023
- F 265 Köln Braunschweig-class corvette at the Kiel naval base Posted on: 01.03.2023