Picture gallery Ships in the Kiel Canal at the Nordhafen on December 2nd, 2022 taken from the Holtenauer Hochbrücke.
As always, there are numerous ships on the Kiel Canal practically around the clock. Here I am again in Kiel, this time on the Holtenauer Hochbrücke. To be more precise, I am on the Prinz-Heinrich-Bridge, one of the two Holtenau high bridges that cross the canal near the lock system in Holtenau.
Of course, the cargo ship Meri with its crane on board is still in the north port (German: Nordhafen). It is the ship that rammed the Holtenau high bridges with the crane on board on November 30th, 2022 and the reason why both bridges are still closed to traffic (except for cyclists).
The following ships were in the Kiel Canal on December 2nd, 2022
- Adler I (Nord-Ostsee-Kanal passenger ferry, commutes between Holtenau and the Wik)
- Cargo ship Meri (located after the accident with the bridge at the north port)
- Tugboat Parat (secures cargo ship Meri at North Harbor)
- Bulk carrier Aroyat
- Cargo Ship Alert
- Oil tanker Bergstraum
- Vehicle Transporter EMS Highway
- several harbor tugs
You might also be interested in this
- Kiel Canal affected by strike: locks remain closed on March 24 and 27, 2023 Posted on: 24.03.2023
- Lürssen Yacht sea trial: Megayacht 1601 in the Kiel Canal Posted on: 18.03.2023
- Project Cosmos: 114 meter mega yacht arrived in Kiel after launch Posted on: 10.03.2023
- F 265 Köln Braunschweig-class corvette at the Kiel naval base Posted on: 01.03.2023
- Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 1 in Kiel Posted on: 21.02.2023
- After an oil spill near Brunsbüttel: the Kiel Canal is reopened to shipping Posted on: 04.01.2023
- Kiel Canal Havarie: The unfortunate freighter Meri left Kiel after 3 weeks Posted on: 22.12.2022
- Shackleton expedition yacht in the Kiel Canal Posted on: 05.12.2022
- New Egyptian frigate Al-Qahhar 905 on sea trials Posted on: 02.12.2022
- Cargo ship "Meri" rammed the Holtenau high bridge in the Kiel Canal Posted on: 30.11.2022